Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day One: Intro, Piping, and Raying

Hey. I am Charles Christopher Woelfel; a student at North Carolina State University in the US. I am also an XNA Hobbyist. This is my first blog and hopefully I'll be able to keep up with it. I will give you insight into my projects that I create. The latest being Pipe Fighter. A Mario/Street Fighter crossover that I made a flash movie out of a couple of years back. This project has been in development for over a year now. I've been going off and on with the project being sidetracked because of school and other reasons. One big reason was this summer I made my first Game Engine, called RayEngine.

The RayEngine got it's name from my father who's middle name is Ray. I basically did it to honor him as I love my crazy father. It's definitely not the best Game Engine ever created. I made it for myself so I don't have to rewrite code (which you do alot in programming unless you can think ahead) for every game I make. It has a whole bunch of Managers that are in charge of stuff like: Sprites, Text, Input, Effects, etc.... I like how it turned out, only that I still have bugs in it that I have to fix while programming Pipe Fighter. I'm getting better at programming since programming with the XNA framework. I think that's what made me even make this engine. I will go into detail in another post on the RayEngine and how I got it started and what you can use in order to make your own little engine.

Well, that's all I want to say for right now. I might make another post at the end of today or sometime this week about Pipe Fighter. I hope you have a great day.

No comments: